Re: [O] org-ref code

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref code
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 20:48:28 +0100

Andreas Reuleaux <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> How do I specify the bibstyle for org-ref?
>

> I am not sure if I understand your question correctly
> and John certainly has more insight here, but I have in
> my org document
>
> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \include{ltxhdr}
>
> and within that ltxhdr.tex I have among other config settings
>
>   \usepackage[backend=bibtex,style=authoryear]{biblatex}
>   \addbibresource{refs.bib}
>
> I could have written several lines of
>
> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[backend=bibtex,style=authoryear]{biblatex}
> #+LaTeX_HEADER: \addbibresource{refs.bib}
>
> instead.
>
> There is no specific bibstyle of org-ref (correct, John?), that's the
> job of latex, you will be happy if:
>
> * your org mode has clickable citations links,
>
> * let's you insert citations in a comfortably manner
>
> * you can jump between refs and labels etc.
>
> * all of those citations get exported to their latex
>   equivalents
>
> If for some reason your citations get exported to latex, say
> cite:foo to \cite{foo}, but still don't appear in your
> final pdf, than you have to tweek your latex settings,
> obviously. - Maybe forgot to call bibtex(8) on your document?
>
> I run these:
> * an emacs batch script, tex.el to get the document.tex
>   from document.org
> * xelatex -8bit -shell-escape document.tex
> * bibtex8 document
> * xelatex document
>   again, etc.
>
> You can check your latex toolchain independently from
> your org-ref config.
>
> HTH,
>   -Andreas

That seems a very long winded way round things! For your information
this is a batch script that I'm using for generating a PDF in pure
latex, and all I have to do is to cd to the directory where the
files are, and then just enter "pdfbuild" in the command-line. It
does all the rest itself, and you could easily adapt it for your
circumstances
#!/bin/bash
set -e
#set -x

#variables
filename="uh2014"

#############
xelatex $filename
biber $filename
biber $filename
xelatex $filename
biber $filename
xelatex $filename
makeindex $filename
makeindex $filename
xelatex $filename
makeglossaries $filename
xelatex $filename
xelatex $filename

It handles and generates the references, the glossary, and the index
as well as the body of the document.

All you have to do is enter your "foo.tex" where foo is the name of
your generated tex file, and then let the script take over.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.91.1