Re: [O] org-ref code

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref code
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 09:15:33 -0400

I can see the desire to avoid the space with a superscript, but that is a latex specific formatting issue, that is probably taken care of with some package. In the packages we use (usually natmove), citations are moved to the correct side of punctuation, for example, so we always put them on the left where the logically make sense (eg because it is "grouped" in the sentence being cited. the latex package moves the superscripts to the right. I think it also works on spaces In org-mode some text[[cite:yoo-2014-theor-analy]] is also "ugly" ;) and harder to read. That gives us the best of both worlds (org and latex)

I don't think I have done anything to make the naked links work.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 May 2014 at 16:35, John Kitchin wrote:

[...]

> I wonder if you are adding another cite link later that overrides my cite
> link. do the other citation links export ok, e.g. autocite, citeyear,
> etc...?

The problem is not how links are handled but the fact that implicit
links, i.e. those not surrounded by [[...]], are not recognised as links
on export.  This applies to all citation links but not, for instance,
http:.  There has to be something in org that I need to set or that I
have set that affects this behaviour but I just do not seem to find it.

I am now bisecting my initialisation code to see if it is me setting
something but I do wonder if there is something you have set to tell org
to recognise implicitly defined links?

In any case, would it be possible to have org-ref insert proper links,
i.e. [[cite:joe-2014]], maybe as an option?  I often use superscripts
for citation references and a space before the superscript looks ugly!
And my problem would be solved... :)

thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-958-g7c8559-git