Re: [O] org-table-copy-down incrementor

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-table-copy-down incrementor
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 18:26:52 +0200

Hi Bastien

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:
>> For me it would be already enough and preferred when the increment
>> would be the same as in the two fields above point.
>
> I pushed a change in master for this --

Thank you for implementing this.

> can you please check it works as expected for you?

Yes it does: SHIFT-RET on the last row of the tables
    | 2 |
    | 5 |
and
    | 2 |
and
    | [2014-04-30 Wed] |
    | [2014-05-07 Wed] |
and
    | [2014-04-30 Wed] |
increment as expected.

As I see only now the use case
    |  1.1 |
    | -0.5 |
does not seem easy to increment by -1.6 due to the formatting of the
result, so I don't expect it to be implemented. (number-to-string is
not enough because of the inaccuracy of the fraction.)

> (const :tag "Don't increment the value when copying a field" t)))

Wasn't the t meant to be nil?

Michael