Re: [O] Pandoc users, how do you use it with org-mode, and why?

From: Albert Krewinkel
Subject: Re: [O] Pandoc users, how do you use it with org-mode, and why?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 09:39:17 +0200

Hey,

Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:
> Lately been hearing great things about Pandoc's ability to export to ebook
> formats and more.
>
> Folks that use both Pandoc and org-mode: how do you use them together, and
> why?

My personal use-case here is blogging: Nowadays, I'm writing my blog
posts in Org and build the page using Hakyll[1], which is build on top
of Pandoc.  The work-flow is not perfect, in that metadata has to be
specified separately as Hakyll ignores metadata returned by Pandoc, but
it's good enough for what I want.  I tried hacking something together
using org's publishing features, but I found Hakyll/Pandoc to be more
convenient and easier to use.

Other uses include import of Markdown/HTML into Org documents and the
use of Pandoc's support for references and citations; I rarely do that,
though.

Cheers,
Albert

[1] http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/