Re: [O] org-contact Documentation

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: [O] org-contact Documentation
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:55:45 +0200

On 2014-05-23 15:17 Esben Stien wrote:
> I find it very interesting to distribute contacts all over my files,
> instead of having a single file for them. They end up somehow where they
> are supposed to be;).

This should not be a problem.  You define what makes a headline a
contact for you by specifying `org-contacts-matcher'.  And
`org-contacts-files' is a list of file names you want org-contacts to
consider whilst looking for contacts.

[...]

> A way of using groups?

I never used BBDB, so I am not sure what you mean by "groups".
Org-contacs has a notion of groups in a sense that you can tag your
contact headlines and every headline with the same tag is considered to
be in the same group.  This can be used when you are composing a mail to
many people, as you can do this by simply stating the relevant tag name.

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier