Re: [O] Extending org-contacts with properties: naming properties

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: [O] Extending org-contacts with properties: naming properties
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 00:06:53 +1000

Hi Esben,

The way that org-contacts currently works is that contact details are
grouped together in the same PROPERTIES drawer, e.g.

* Alexis
:PROPERTIES:
:EMAIL:  address@hidden
:PHONE:  9999-9999
:END:

and that's what i've assumed in my MobileOrg code for parsing
org-contacts data. i imagine that moving away from such a data layout
would require substantial changes to the org-contacts.el code, which i
have no intention of doing - particularly given the work that would be
needed to ensure backwards-compatibility with people's existing data.

For reference, at the moment, in my own org-contacts file, i've set up
grouping via a headings hierarchy like:

* Lists
** Org-mode
:PROPERTIES: