Re: [O] Advice needed: Cant find a decent way to autosync my work TODO o

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Advice needed: Cant find a decent way to autosync my work TODO org file between laptop and work pc
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:51:23 -0700

Martin Schöön <address@hidden> writes:

> What if, as is the case for me, work computer runs Win7 and home computer
> runs Linux?
> Now I use a manual 'system' which shouldn't be necessary, I think.

Well, I don't run Windows on any of my systems, so someone else probably
has better advice here.

I'm pretty sure git runs on Windows, and in theory you should be able to
do something similar to the Bash script/cron job setup I described using
batch files.  But I'm no expert on that.

Another alternative would be to write a short ELisp program to do the
same thing, using `run-at-time' and `shell-command'...though I don't
know how shell-command works on Windows.

Also, Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/) promises to do
two-way file sync between *nix and Windows.  I've never tried it; has
anyone else?

--
Best,
Richard

(If possible, please encrypt your reply to me using my PGP key:
Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646.
See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)