Re: [O] Insert calc vector directly into spreadsheet cells?

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Insert calc vector directly into spreadsheet cells?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 22:43:39 +0200

Hi Steven

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Steven Adrian <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is great. I wish I had seen this earlier. I did not know about
> the subscr function, but I had basically gotten to the same point by
> writing an equivalent custom calc function.

With the Calc function defmath? How does it look like?

> 1. I wrote a custom calc function called tailsInARow that uses the
> calc random function to simulate a coin toss and return the number
> of tails in a row. I used this function to fill a 20x20 table of
> values. I then used the calc histogram function in a table formula
> to read the table values, histogram the number of tails in a row,
> then write the histogram to a new table.

Didn't know that Calc has a histogram function. The histogram values
would fit perfectly to the ASCII plot within an Org table:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/orgtbl-ascii-plot.html

> 2. I calculated a rotation matrix as a succession of individual
> rotations about x, y, and z axes. I then wrote the resulting matrix
> to a table. I then wrote a table function to read the matrix, take
> the inverse, and write the result to a new table.

Interesting. How does the "function to read the matrix" look like?

Michael