Re: [O] M-<RET> does not work as described in the manual

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] M-<RET> does not work as described in the manual
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 21:04:09 -0400

Kevin Van Horn wrote:
Thank you for your help -- I have been beating my head against this for quite
some time. Putting the cursor at the beginning of the line does in fact work.

I'm going to argue that there is still a problem here, though. Here's what I
read at http://orgmode.org/manual/Structure-editing.html:

"If the command is used at the beginning of a headline, the new headline is created
before the current line."

IMHO the definition of a headline is clear in the manual

2.2 Headlines

Headlines define the structure of an outline tree. The headlines in Org *start* with one or more stars, on the left margin

Regards, Charlie Millar

---
is active.