[O] New "~" agenda keybinding to filter by effort

From: Bastien
Subject: [O] New "~" agenda keybinding to filter by effort
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:40:02 +0200

Hi all,

from the current HEAD of the master branch (aa86e4bc), you can use "_"
in agendas to filter by effort.  This used to be integrated to the tag
filter, but filters interaction was then too complex.

You can also use `org-agenda-effort-filter-preset' to set the filter
to an initial value in your agenda custom commands.

If you want to list only entries with a max effort of 20 minutes :

M-x org-agenda t
_ < 3    ;; corresponding to the 0:20 effort value

Also note that I enhanced the prompt for `org-agenda-limit-entries'
(bound to "~" in agenda buffers) which is perhaps not known enough.
So if you want to list only entries with a max effort of 20 minutes
within agenda entries which sum up to three hours of work:

M-x org-agenda t
_ < 3    ;; corresponding to the 0:20 effort value
~ E 180 RET

Let me know if it works as expected for you.

--
 Bastien