Re: [O] [bug?][ox-beamer] hyperref crashes when options are specified

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?][ox-beamer] hyperref crashes when options are specified
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 18:47:32 +0200

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If you give hyperref options when exporting to Beamer it will
>> typically crash.
>>
>> I load hyperref as follows to make it compatible with "exotic"
>> headlines in XeLaTeX:
>>
>>   (setq org-latex-default-packages-alist
>>         '(("" "iftex" nil)
>>           ("" "fixltx2e" nil)
>>           ("AUTO" "inputenc" t)
>>           ("T1" "fontenc" t)
>>           ("AUTO" "babel" nil)
>>           ("" "scrpage2" nil)
>>           ("" "graphicx" t)
>>           ("" "amsmath" t)
>>           ("" "amssymb" t)
>>           ("" "booktabs" t)
>>           ("" "marvosym" t)
>>           ("" "microtype" nil)
>>           ("" "slantsc" nil)
>>           ("unicode, psdextra,hidelinks" "hyperref" nil)))
>>
>> Because Beamer loads hyperref automatically this will crash.  The
>> correct way to load it is through the document class options, e.g.
>>
>>      \documentclass[hyperref={unicode, psdextra,hidelinks}]{beamer}
>>
>> Should ox-beamer automatically move the options in this case?
>
> No, it shoudn't. This crash is not really Org's fault.

Customizing an Org package alist, Org inserts code that is invalid in
a Beamer context.

> You could define an appropriate class for `beamer' back-end instead.

Org-latex-classes gives me access to [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES].  Not
removing a single element from it as far as I understand.  Or am i
mistaken?

IMO, a wrapper around the header like org-latex-guess-babel-language
would be better, but I don't have strong opinions on this.

—Rasmus

--
Dung makes an excellent fertilizer