Re: [O] [RFC] Org Minor Mode?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Org Minor Mode?
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:54:26 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm still not sure if this path isn't just the outorg path: copy a
> subtree or a whole buffer into a temp-buffer, uncomment the comment
> sections, enclose the source-code in source-blocks, and put the buffer
> in Org-mode - only that the tmp buffer in this case is not for user
> editing but for program execution.

Yes -- that's the outorg path but transparent to the user, with no
editing in the middle.

> What will be copied to the temp-buffer? Only the comment-section at
> point? The subtree at point? The (outcommented) element at point? Won't
> some Org functions fail without the subtree/buffer context? What if text
> is inserted as side-effect? E.g state change logs when going from TODO
> to done, or even footnotes?

Well, I don't know.  Again, all this feels certainly dirty, but I'm
trying to find something that will feel less awkward than making tons
of Org regexps relative to their contexts, including the context for
non-org-mode buffers...

--
 Bastien