Re: [O] DTD prohibited

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] DTD prohibited
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 22:14 +0200

Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2014, 00:34:58 schrieb James Harkins:
> Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
> > Hi Alexander,
> >
> > AW <alexander.willand <at> t-online.de> writes:
> > > Now, Word no longer can open the html-documents produced by orgmode. The
>
> error
>
> > > message is (translated from German): "DTD prohibited".
> >
> > You may want to customize `org-html-doctype' but you probably need to
> > digg further to know what DTD is prohibited exactly.
>
> Apparently, all of them:
>
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_Type_Definition
>
> Under "Security":
>
> ~~
> An XML DTD can be used to create a denial of service (DoS) attack by
> defining nested entities that expand exponentially, or by sending the XML
> parser to an external resource that never returns.[10]
>
> For this reason, .NET Framework provides a property that allows prohibiting
> or skipping DTD parsing, [10] and recent versions of Microsoft Office
> applications (Microsoft Office 2010 and higher) refuse to open XML files
> that contain DTD declarations.
> ~~
>
> So, if org ODT export now depends on a DTD, then we'd have to say that we
> don't support exported files that open in MS Word.
>
> hjh

Hi,

thank you, I started again digging into this strange thing and the culprit
seems the first line of the html-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

If I remove this line, no error.  And removing simply

xml version="1.0"

helped as well. Courious. Because of such behaviour I hate Word, but ...

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/a/15816168

Regards,

Alexander