Re: [O] DTD prohibited

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] DTD prohibited
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 09:54:24 -0400

On 2014-06-04 12:52, AW wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2014, 17:04:14 schrieb Eric Abrahamsen:
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> On Tuesday,  3 Jun 2014 at 22:14, AW wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thank you, I started again digging into this strange thing and the
>> culprit
>> seems the first line of the html-file:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Seems like simply exporting as html5 might solve the problem.

Yes, it does, thank you. But the price is that tabulars lose the frames and
lines. I did not invest whether due to export without those elements or
because Word had issues with html5.

It's because the html5 export has no default style for tables --
before opening in word, try opening the html in a browser, you will
see that xhtml-strict export adds style info to the table element, but xhtml5 doesn't.

If you want the same style in html5 as html4, try the following
preamble in your org file:

#+HTML_DOCTYPE: xhtml5
#+HTML_HEAD: <style type="text/css">
#+HTML_HEAD: table {
#+HTML_HEAD: border-top: thin solid gray;
#+HTML_HEAD: border-bottom: thin solid gray;
#+HTML_HEAD: }
#+HTML_HEAD: thead {border-bottom: thin solid grey;}
#+HTML_HEAD: td, th {padding: 6px;}
#+HTML_HEAD:</style>

FYI, here's the table definition output in html4:

frame="hsides">

and html5

rick