[O] (require 'org-publish) causes downgrade in org-version

From: psycho_punch
Subject: [O] (require 'org-publish) causes downgrade in org-version
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:56:29 +0800

I have posted this question on StackOverflow but in case you don't want to visit the page, I've pasted the contents in this email.

I have just upgraded org-mode to the latest available in ELPA. According to the official documentation, the installation has to be done in fresh emacs session where no org-related scripts/files have been loaded. The installation is successful, and org-version reports that I have updated to 8.2.6 (from 7.9.3f). However, as soon as I put back my old org-related scripts, and reload emacs, I'd get 7.9.3f when I run org-version. To track what's causing it I retrace my steps by adding my org-related scripts one by one. I found out that when I add back (require 'org-publish), the version downgrades to the built-in one. I don't know why this is happening.

Thanks.