[O] When is the right time to modify the contents of org-structure-templ

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] When is the right time to modify the contents of org-structure-template-alist?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 18:03:05 -0500

Hi,

Wanting to modify the contents of org-structure-template-alist I had
this code run at startup after org was required:

(mapc (lambda (asc)
        (let ((org-sce-dc (downcase (nth 1 asc))))
          (setf (nth 1 asc) org-sce-dc)))
      org-structure-template-alist)

That didn't modify the list, though.

When I run that code after Emacs is started up, it works as expected.

I tried putting that code in the org mode hook too, with the same result.

Suspect my ignorance is catching up with me.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong here?

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi
address@hidden | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson