Re: [O] How to specify the tangled comment to be the location of the now

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] How to specify the tangled comment to be the location of the noweb ref definition instead of where it was tangled?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:46:22 -0400

> How do I make the code comment specify the actual location of the source block
> ref, not just where it was expanded and tangled?

Currently inserting comments around snippets of code expanded with noweb
is not supported.  You may be able to fake this through the clever use
of variables along the lines of the following,

#+begin_src sh :var start=(line-number-at-pos (point)) :results scalar
  cat <<EOF
  # started at $start
  foo bar baz
  EOF
#+end_src

or an implementation of optional wrappers for noweb-expanded snippets
would probably start with the `org-babel-expand-noweb-references'
function.

Best,
Eric

--