[O] can't make Agenda timestamp sorting work...

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] can't make Agenda timestamp sorting work...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:26:50 +0800

Okay, I've read a fair bit in the archives here, and I can't see what
I'm doing wrong. I've globally set `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' to
'(ts-up). I want to sort TODO entries in the agenda by timestamp.

I can't figure out where to put the timestamp to make it work. It looks
like `org-cmp-ts' tries to get the 'timestamp text property from the
heading, but none of my headings display that property in that function.
I've festooned the headings with timestamps -- where is it supposed to
go?

** REPLY [[link]] <2014-06-13 Fri>
   <2014-07-13 Sun>
   :PROPERTIES: etc
   <2011-06-13 Mon>

Or is some other setting that's blocking this from taking effect? I
noticed other people in the archives saying that timestamps on heading
lines didn't appear in the Agenda, but mine do. Could that be related?

Puzzled,
Eric