Re: [O] can't make Agenda timestamp sorting work...

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] can't make Agenda timestamp sorting work...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:00:29 +0800

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> a parser expert can correct me, but headline and after properties
> should both be fine.  several of us rely on timestamps in headlines.
>
> there is a [broken] variable to remove timestamps from headlines, but
> i don't think it's relevant.
>
> have you tried timestamp-up?

That did it! Thanks so much. I was only trying ts-up and tsia-up. The
docstring might be wrong then when it says timestamp-up is for any
timestamp, and ts-up is for active timestamp -- you'd assume that the
one would simply be a subset of the other.

In fact this works so well that I don't need to change my capture
templates. When capturing from emails, I've got the template set up to
make the first body paragraph read "Receieved on [inactive timestamp]".
I suddenly realized I should be sorting on that for the agenda, and then
I assumed I'd have to change the template to put the date somewhere more
accessible, but timestamp-up finds it there.

Thanks again,
Eric