Re: [O] conforming commit messages Was: babel C, C++, D enhancement

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] conforming commit messages Was: babel C, C++, D enhancement
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:58:39 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric and Thierry,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This new patch looks great, and the test suite passes locally.  I've
>> just applied it.
>
> Thanks for applying this -- let me just be boring again and insist on
> properly rewrite the Changelog when applying patches... in this case,
> there are a lot of tiny formatting issues I will need to fix myself
> when merging into Emacs :/
>
> Thanks to both of you!

Mea culpa!

I glanced at it and it looked good, but I'll be more careful moving
forward.  Does anyone on the list happen to have or know of a script
which could be used to automatically check for conforming commit
messages?  If so I'm sure git provides a hook to make passing such a
script part of the git commit process.  That's the only way I'll really
be consistent about this.

Thanks,
Eric

--