[O] Creating project-wide navigation, org links in HTML preamble

From: psycho_punch
Subject: [O] Creating project-wide navigation, org links in HTML preamble
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 02:55:37 +0800

I'm trying to find a way to dynamically create navigation links on my notes published as HTML pages. I've seen the TOC on the official org manual, which is something I'd also be fine with, but I'm not sure how to create such project-wide TOC. At the moment, I'm looking for a way to add navigation links in my HTML preamble but it only accepts HTML. Something like,

[[file:~/Documents/org-project/home.org][Home]] | [[file:~/Documents/org-project/science/index.org][Science]] | [[file:~/Documents/org-project/philosophy/index.org][Philosophy]]

What I really want is for my notes to be able to provide navigation to anywhere in my project. Notes should be aware of what directory they are in, and provide links to home, and to other directories. As much as possible I want it to be automatically inserted upon publishing as I want the notes to remain as simple org notes as I can make them to be.

Is there a relatively simple way to achieve this?