Re: [O] org-weather for openweathermap.org

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] org-weather for openweathermap.org
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 13:54:43 +0200

Chris Raschl <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Chris,

> first of all, thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.

thanks to you for this nice library

> I improved result processing a little bit and added a formatting string
> (org-weather-format). You can now also add different temperature fields,
> as well as humidity, pressure and wind speed.

and for your improvements

  ,--------------------------------------------------------------
  | City:     Weather: broken clouds, 11-22°C, 1028hpa, 75%, 3m/s
  `--------------------------------------------------------------

this fits my needs perfectly (living in a city right now).

PS
Coming from a coastal area, I know that high tide, low tide, water temp
as well as moon phase are also very important for "fishermen" and
friends (just like wind speed and direction).

This would probably make a nice accompagnient library for yours,
displaying something like this below the line above in the agenda:

,----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Coast: high: 06:43/19:25 low: 13:12/02:30 water: 18°C moon: ++++ wind: SE
`----------------------------------------------------------------------

with moon: ++++ meaning 4/4 visible (full-moon), moon: ++ meaning 2/4
visible (half-moon), moon: - meaning 0/4 visible (no moon), and wind: SE
meaning South-East.

Maybe someday if I need it again and have time ;-)

Not sure though if this data (except the moon phase) is as universally
and easily available as the data you display .... Sunset and rise would
be interesting too of course.

--
cheers,
Thorsten