Re: [O] Single Search Hit and Quick Jump

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: [O] Single Search Hit and Quick Jump
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 15:58:43 -0400

Esben Stien <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Esben!

(Digging up old thread, sorry!)

> Now, If I f.ex do C-c a s corge, I get multiple hits, but I really only
> search for level 3 items always. Is there any way to restrict the search
> to only level 3 items?

Would you consider defining org-refile-targets and then using C-u M-x
org-refile (which you can bind to a handy keyboard shortcut, of
course)? org-refile-targets lets you specify the level or maxlevel to
consider, and C-u for org-refile jumps instead of refiling.

> Also, when I find a result, I want to jump to the last item in that
> tree, so if I search for "corge", I want to end up with point on the
> level 4 item "**** garply"

Something like (org-end-of-subtree) and (org-back-to-heading), maybe
in a custom function or in a hook?

Sacha