Re: [O] helm and org-refile

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] helm and org-refile
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:32:51 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi

> I just started using helm, with some ambivalence. Turning on helm mode
> stompled all over my emacs, but for just that reason I suppose it might
> be worth trading my ido muscle memory for helm muscle memory.

helm is truly amazing and impressive, and I did not even scratch the
surface of it, but 2 things bother me:

- when using helm, I'm caught in the mini-buffer, no way to switch to
  another workgroup/buffer to look up things ...
- helm is somehow too interactive, once done with it, the search/result buffers
  disappear, while I would like them to stay around sometimes

So not an answer to you question, but rather a related question -  is
there a way around the problems described?

--
cheers,
Thorsten