Re: [O] babel C, C++, D enhancement

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] babel C, C++, D enhancement
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:16:06 +0200

Thierry Banel writes:
> You are right, INT_MAX is the C++ constant to compare to.
> It is defined in limits.h
>
> I'm not sure I want to locate limits.h (where is it ? are there several
> versions ?),
> and parse it, all from within Emacs-lisp...

No, this isn't something you should even try.  The only method that is
known to work is what autoconf does: compile a program and check the
output.

> And this will have to be done for all languages (Python, Perl, Java,
> and so on), not just C++.

Let's stick with C(++) and solve that problem first, that there is a lot
of boilerplate code in Babel language support that should be lifted off
elsewhere is a discussion for another time.

> Or we could assume that INT_MAX is always 2147483647.
> (Which of course is not true).

You've just made compilers customizable.  For a start, make those
constants customizable per compiler as well?

Regards,
Achim.