Re: [O] [bug?] Tramp tries to open remote file links

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] Tramp tries to open remote file links
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:44:31 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:
> Hello,
>
> When I just open an Org file that has a link to a remote file, Tramp
> tries to open it, leading to errors and timeouts when offline, at least.

It doesn't happen to me. I tried "emacs -Q path/to/test.org" and the
file opened normally.

Grepping, I see that tramp-maybe-open-connection is responsible for the
tramp messages. so you could eval:
(trace-function-background
 'tramp-maybe-open-connection
 "*trace*"
 (lambda () (with-output-to-string (backtrace))))

then reproduce and look into the buffer *trace* to see what called
tramp.

Call M-x untrace-function RET TAB RET to remove the tracing.

--
Nico.