Re: [O] formatted index entries

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] formatted index entries
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:16:47 +0200

Hello,

Nicolas Berthier <address@hidden> writes:

> IMHO, the handling of Org markups (at least) by the LaTeX exporter (and
> maybe others) would suffice to implement this feature (with a few tricks
> to still allow sorting by makeindex). Am I right?

Handling Org markup in the general case is difficult because INDEX
keywords, as any other keyword, are not parsed. You can force latex
back-end to translate the value of the keyword for a partial support of
Org markup (e.g., no macros besides those defined by default, no noweb
syntax in Babel).

If that sufficient, you can ask `org-latex-keyword' to first split value
at exclamation marks, and send each part through `org-export-string-as'
in order to get valid LaTeX markup.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou