Re: [O] Publishing sitemap

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing sitemap
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:57:52 -0400

On 2014-06-18 03:54, Vikas Rawal wrote:
When I publish my web-site using org-mode, with suitable options in my
org-publish-projects-alist, I can get org-publish to create a sitemap.

Is it possible to just create the sitemap without publishing the whole
project? I sometimes update a single file, and just publish it using
org-publish-current-file. I would like the changes (for example, date)
or if a new file is being published, the file itself, reflected in the
sitemap.  But I can’t do it unless I publish the whole project.

Is there a way to deal with this?

Looking at the source for `org-publish-projects' (grep for sitemamp in ox-publish) it looks like the sitemap is generated in this line:

(if sitemap-p (funcall sitemap-function project sitemap-filename))

where `sitemap-function' defaults to `org-publish-org-sitemap'.

So (untested), you could try:

(org-publish-org-sitemap (assoc "my-project-name"
org-publish-project-alist)

where project is the actual properties list from `org-p