Re: [O] Loss of Fontification partway through file

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Loss of Fontification partway through file
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:34:18 +0200

Jacob Gerlach <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello List,
>
> I just converted my init file to an init.org to load with babel. I
> prefer to view the source blocks with font lock
> (org-src-fontify-natively). My problem is that certain parts of the
> file don't show the fontification.
>
> I had a lot of trouble narrowing down my init to provide a good
> MWE/recipe for the behavior, but I can reproduce it with:
>
> $ emacs -q test.org
> M-: (package-initialize) RET
> M-: (setq org-src-fontify-natively t) RET
>
> The src block in the level 2 headings of the third heading below
> doesn't fontify for me. Minor changes (even changing one of the
> commented load paths) fix the issue, but not in any way that seems
> predictable to me.
>
> If I move headings around in init.org, the exact location where
> fontification stops varies, but once it stops, all remaining src
> blocks are un-fontified.
>
> Am I violating some sort of convention that is hanging up the
> fontification code?
>
> Thanks for any tips,
> Jake
>
> --------test.org---------------------
> * Heading with some add-to-list's (some commented)
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle yes
> (add-to-list 'foo "bar")
> ;; (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/jake-lisp/moos-mode/trunk")
> ;; (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/jake-lisp/moos-mode/devel")
> (add-to-list 'load-path
> "/home/jacob/.emacs.d/jake-lisp/ai-moos/devel")
> #+END_SRC
> * Heading with Note
> Note: Loading and initializing of package is done in .emacs to
> ensure that the newer version of org is loaded from elpa in favor of
> the version distributed with emacs
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle yes
> (add-to-list 'package-archives
> '("marmalade" .
> "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/";))
> #+END_SRC
> * Offending section
> ** Offending subsection
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle yes
> (message "foobar")
> #+END_SRC
> -------------------------------------
>
> org-version is a variable defined in `org.el'.
> Its value is "8.2.6"
>
> emacs-version is a variable defined in `C source code'.
> Its value is "24.3.1"

The MWE (with native fontification -> t) looks ok for me, the only
fontification issue I see (and not only in your MWE) is that headline

,----
| * Heading with some add-to-list's (some commented)
`----

looses its font due to the "list" in it -> '(some commented)'.
I see that often in my Org files - as soon as I type parens in a
headline it turn white.

,----
`----

--