Re: [O] Discussion request: 15m tangle time, details follow

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Discussion request: 15m tangle time, details follow
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:44:41 -0400

Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:

> I still want to be using org,, so my plan for now then is to write a
> pre-processing script for before org-babel-tangle is run that:
>
> 1. Checks each headline
> 2. Checks if there is a source block
> 3. If that source block doesn't have a noweb-ref name, and there is
> another source block under that
>     headline, then "merge" it with the next source block of the same
> nature in that heading.
>
> That is off the top of my head, and I will try it by hand, first and
> see if it tangles the same result.
>
> Thoughts?

Perhaps an easier workaround would be to customize the value of
`org-babel-common-header-args-w-values'.  This variable determines which
header arguments are checked for in properties.  If you remove all
header arguments from this variable which you know are not used in a
property, it may dramatically speed up tangle time.

This may reduce the utility of some convenience functions, but should
not have too large of an impact on overall functionality.

Best,
Eric

--
Eric Schulte