Re: [O] unattractive list spacing in ox-html export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] unattractive list spacing in ox-html export
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:29:17 +0200

Hello,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> When the lists with spaces in some (but not all) elements are exported
> to HTML, they result in unattractive spacing.  This is due to the use of
> paragraph tags in some list elements, which cause large spaces between
> some list elements but no spaces between others.
>
> I believe something should be done to ensure consistent spacing in the
> HTML export of list elements.  I'd suggest that every list element
> should be wrapped in a paragraph tag, but maybe a different solution is
> more appropriate.

Actually, there's a special case in ox-html.el (see line 2960) that
prevents the first paragraph in an item to get <p> tag. I guess that
this rule is meant for short lists, e.g.,

 - item 1
 - item 2

where you do not want a new paragraph for each item. So, the special
case could be extended to also check if there's another element in the
item before ignoring the tags.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou