Re: [O] How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in expo

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] How to treat string results of src-block calls like text in export?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:30:25 -1000

>>> `----
>>>
>>> I get this when exporting to ascii (excerpt):
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> and this when exporting to latex (excerpt):
>>>
>>> ,----

>>> `----
>>>
>>> How do I achieve that the string returned by the src-block call is
>>> treated just like normal text?
>>>
>>> I tried using (format ...) as well as several :results options, even
>>> (intern ...), but to no avail.
>>
>> Here :results raw achieves what I think you want.
>
> Unfortunately not, I tried that before, and now again, same outpout as
> shown above. Did it work for you?

I use this a lot in my work, but hadn't tried it in a headline.  I tried
it with the call line in a headline and that works, too.  This subtree
is in a file called personal.org.

* Jolitz

#+name: project-name
#+header: :exports none :results raw
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (mapconcat
   'capitalize
   (split-string
    (file-name-nondirectory
     (directory-file-name
      (file-name-directory
       (buffer-file-name (current-buffer)))))
    "-" 'OMIT-NULLS)
   " ")
#+end_src

** call_project-name()[:results raw]

** Impersonal

The LaTeX export looks like this, in part:

\section{Personal}
\label{sec-1}

\section{Impersonal}
\label{sec-2}
% Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode beta_8.3)

Alternatively, you can put :results raw in a header-args property of the
subtree and then just call_project-name().

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye