Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 09:32:21 +0200

Matt Lundin wrote:
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> FYI, I recently fixed a bug[fn:1] that could introduce uncommon random
>>> lockups. Hopefully, it may be related to your problem (which is
>>> different from Daimrod's).
>>
>> Thanks for the followup! I was watching Daimrod's thread, and also
>> Matt's most recent posting -- that also seemed more relevant to my
>> problems, which were almost solely confined to log/state notes. I've
>> pulled the fix, and will let you know if I see any more problems.
>
> With the latest git, I've experienced three lock-ups/freezes this
> evening when a) archiving a subtree to a file, b) changing a todo state
> with repeating timestamp, and 3) calling C-c C-c in an org-capture
> buffer. (I don't think this is due to a recent change - I've been
> running into these lockups sporadically for several months.)
>
> The freezes are very difficult to replicate reliably. When they happen,
> emacs is unresponsive and can only be killed from the outside. Any tips
> on how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

I also still experience semi-regular Emacs infloops, particularly when
editing clocking entries manually (with the arrow keys), in the LOGBOOK
drawer. It's quite often in such a situation, though not 100%
reproducible.

Unluckily, these infloops are not stoppable via C-g, as it seems to
occur in portions of code where "quit" is inhibited (see recent comments
from Stefan).

Current environment:

- GNU Emacs 24.4.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-06-15 on LEG570

- Org-mode version 8.2.7 (release_8.2.7-1119-gfcc51c/) -- though I'll
  update right now!

Best regards,
  Seb

--