Re: [O] org-ref in action

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref in action
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:25:57 -0400

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> org-ref has basically stabilized. You can get the latest code at
> https://github.com/jkitchin/jmax/blob/master/org-ref.org.
>
> I made a little screen capture video here to show you what it does:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyvpSVl4_dg
>
> Try it out, if it looks interesting, and let me know if you find any
> bugs!
>
> Thanks,

Great,

This is a lot of useful functionality, and very nicely presented.

Did you happen to try the built in bibtex support in Org-mode core and
contrib?  And if so, is there a reason that you implemented this all
independently?

I think part of the problem with existing Org-mode bibtex support is
that no-one knows it exists.  To help address this I threw up a very
quick-and-dirty screen cast demonstrating some of Org's existing bibtex
functionality.

https://vimeo.com/99167082

Best,
Eric