Re: [O] org-ref in action

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref in action
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:10:00 -0500

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a lot of useful functionality, and very nicely presented.
>
> Did you happen to try the built in bibtex support in Org-mode core and
> contrib?  And if so, is there a reason that you implemented this all
> independently?
>
> I think part of the problem with existing Org-mode bibtex support is
> that no-one knows it exists.

Well, you can count on one big fan of org-bibtex.el here! (Though I must
admit that I have not used ox-bibtex.el.)

> To help address this I threw up a very quick-and-dirty screen cast
> demonstrating some of Org's existing bibtex functionality.
>
> https://vimeo.com/99167082

Thanks! Over the years, I've particularly appreciated the way
org-bibtex.el makes it easy to keep bib data together with notes/todos.
Both org-bibtex-read and org-bibtex-yank have become indispensable to my
own workflow.

Best,
Matt