Re: [O] org-ref in action

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref in action
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 08:48:05 -0400

Some features could be merged, but there is an important difference in that org-ref uses bibtex as the backend database, and reftex for searching, and org-bibtex uses org-mode headings as the backend database, and tag/property searches (I think).  It is like the difference between org-contacts and bbdb. They both serve similar needs, but with different data sources, and different ways to think about it.

We might be able to figure out a way to specify a "backend" that would allow the independent features to work in both though.

John

John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F