Re: [O] numbered equations in html export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] numbered equations in html export
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:56:21 +0200

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Admittedly, this point is moot as long as captions are not visible on
>> latex environments. I think this should be fixed instead.
>>

> Not sure I understand correctly: are you saying that in the latex output
> every numbered equation would then have a visible caption?

No I'm not. I suggested to ignore latex export back-end since it has its
own numbering mechanism. I'm saying that in HTML output, numbering LaTeX
equations could be done through captions.

It is also possible to not use captions but, instead, regular numbering
with appropriate LaTeX environments or macros (e.g., \tag{x}). But then,
export engine cannot possibly be aware of that, so relying on #+NAME to
get an equation number is bound to fail.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou