Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups

From: York Zhao
Subject: Re: [O] still seeing semi-regular lockups
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:03:33 -0400

> OK. If you experience it again, please do
>
>   M-x org-element-cache-reset
>
> in the slow buffer and see if it is responsive again.
>
> Another interesting test would be to try reproducing the problem with
> `org-element-use-cache' set to nil.

The exact same slowness problem happened just now. "M-x org-element-cache-reset"
didn't have any effect. Nor did setting `org-element-use-cache' to nil. Again,
killed the buffer and reopened didn't help.

I couldn't remember whether the big file was already opened, but I think it was
not opened yet, i.e., when the problem occurred, the file might just be opened.
What I did was that I started Emacs, run `org-drill' across 8 files (in one
session). Total size of these files was 730 KB bytes. The good thing was that
the session was finished successfully, no "max-lisp-eval-depth" error, and I
really hope this deadly error will never happen.

One thing I didn't do, unfortunately, was that I reset cache only for the buffer
where the slowness manifested. I think I should try reseting cache for all the 8
buffers too right?

York