Re: [O] Mathjax vs. problems with imagemagick

From: briangpowell .
Subject: Re: [O] Mathjax vs. problems with imagemagick
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 04:39:28 -0400

* PNG is "lossless" format--if you can, make it the first file you create rather than last.

** If you create a JPG a "lossy" format then you could lose some of the beauty (like your example).

* ImageMagick has many switches you can throw--suggest you look deeper into it in the freely available manual--though its very thick.

* Often there are blah2blah programs (and many methods in ImageMagick for example) available which may help that you may be able to string together.  General example:

dvips -o blah.dvi

ps2pdf blah.ps

pdf2png blah.pdf

** Maybe you can convert your file to an intermediary format and then convert it to .png

*** But again, if possible, create a PNG (.png) type file firstly since it is a "lossless" file type.