Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 07:06:41 +0200

Le mar.  08 juil. 2014  à 08:28:35  , Ken Mankoff  <address@hidden> a
envoyé ce message:
> Hi Thorsten,  On a recent thread you wrote:
>
>> ... *outorg-edit-buffer* (where I write my message-mode email in
>> full
>> org-mode).
>
> I already write emails in emacs. I'm interested in being able to compose
> emails using Org Mode. I see you use gnus. I use mu4e[1]. I wonder if
> your setup is gnus-specific or might work with other emacs mail
> clients. Will you provide some information about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -k.
>
> [1] http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e.html

Hello Ken,

In my  own little experience of  Gnus, it can be  perfectly synchronized
with gmail client (i.e. gmail in your browser).
But probably the most interesting thing is the use of links with org-mode
(that I  do not use, but  I am interested to  learn it). It is  not gnus
specific  but maybe  gnus offers  more advantages,  I do  not know.  I'm
learning gnus step by step.

Manual:

http://orgmode.org/manual/External-links.html

http://orgmode.org/manual/Handling-links.html

org-mode list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-05/msg00058.html

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2007-07/msg00258.html

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/55066

http://blog.schiessle.org/tag/org-mode/

But every help from gnus + org-mode  expert is welcome for a newbie like
me.

Best wishes,

Jo.