Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:28:32 +0200

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ken,

> orgstruct++-mode and orgtbl-mode help a lot. It would be nice to be able
> to execute code too.

they are both nice but not the "real thing"

> I have an email in to the mu4e group about just switching to org-mode
> and then back to message-mode. Since mu4e isn't gnus, and doesn't use
> plain message-mode as the major mode, I need to switch back to the mu4e
> compose mode, but it lists as "m4e:compose" in the modeline, and that
> isn't a major mode I can figure out how to switch to.

When you start writing an email in mu4e, could you just:

 1. do

 ,----
 | M-: major-mode
 `----

 2. do M-x mark-whole-buffer & M-x kill-ring-save, i.e.

 ,----
 | C-x h
 | M-w
 `----

and post the results?

And maybe figure out if in the mu4e world there exists a customizable
variable like:

,----[ C-h v mail-header-separator RET ]
| mail-header-separator is a variable defined in `sendmail.el'.
| Its value is "--text follows this line--"
|
| Documentation:
| Line used to separate headers from text in messages being composed.
| You can customize this variable.
`----

This would probably give me all the info I need to adapt outorg.

--
cheers,
Thorsten