Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] emails written in Org Mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:29:13 +0200

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Thorsten and others,
>
> Thanks to your help I have it set up well. Here is my setup, based on
> the idea from John Kitchin to just switch major modes:

Just FYI, after having a look at this

,----
| http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/EV-Overview.html
`----

I think that mu4e-compose-mode is basically a modified
message-mode. Since I use

,----
| (and (derived-mode-p 'message-mode) ...)
`----

in outorg to check major-mode, I would guess that outorg works out of
the box with mu4e-compose-mode after adding outline-minor-mode to its
mode-hook:

,----
| (when (require 'outline nil t)
| (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
| (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
| (add-hook 'mu4e-compose-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode))
|
| ;; outshine
| (require 'outshine nil t)
| (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'outshine-hook-function)
| (setq outshine-use-speed-commands t)
`----

I know nothing about mu4e and don't have it installed, so I cannot test
this (will somebody do?), but I'm pretty sure this is enough to make it
work with outorg.

--
cheers,
Thorsten