Re: [O] Mathjax vs. problems with imagemagick

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Mathjax vs. problems with imagemagick
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:59:11 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> Le  ven. 11  juil. 2014  à 02:59:23  , Nick  Dokos <address@hidden>  a
> envoyé ce message:
>

>> Can you please post an example org file and the tex file that's produced
>> that gives you such bad images?
>
> Dear Nick,
>
> I sent an email three days ago to tell you that I've got the solution. I
> said:

Yes, I remember this, but what with the mail delays and time reordering of
the replies, I got confused.

> mm-insert-file-contents: Opening input file: aucun fichier ou dossier
> de ce type,
> /tmp/ltxpng/latex15065_PG_37f10648c57a40194a74eaabbaa5c1678a5d2046.png
> Mark set
>
> Nevertheless,  the png  file is  in  /tmp/ltxpng and  it is  a nice  png
> image.

And you are sure that it is named
"latex15065_PG_37f10648c57a40194a74eaabbaa5c1678a5d2046.png" ?
The existing file might be a remnant from a previous run with a slightly
different name (uuid readability is not the best :-) )

> I  remind  that the  error  in  creating the  dvi  file  was created  by
> minted. I  deleted every reference  to minted and  it worked, but  now I
> realize that  without minted the  use of bussproofs.sty cannot  work for
> html conversion. :S
>
> I guess that I have to put in  my .bashrc a command to say that I always
> want to use latex with -shell-escape option  , but I am not sure that it
> is the best solution.

-shell-escape is a security risk, allowing arbitrary programs to
execute, but if you are careful about what you allow and don't get
careless, I think it's reasonable to set it once and for all. I do that
because I use minted all the time (it's also needed by some svg package
that I occasionally use). But I do try to be careful about what new
latex packages I install.

Nick