Re: [O] Macros in included file not expanded in batch export

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Macros in included file not expanded in batch export
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:54:22 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:50:53PM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to export to LaTeX in batch mode, but it seems the exporter
> > ignores macros defined in included files when exporting in batch mode.
> >
> > I tried to export like this:
> >
> >   $ emacs --eval "(require 'ox-latex)" include-test.org \
> >         --eval '(org-LaTeX-export-to-latex nil nil nil t)' -f kill-emacs
> >
> >   $ emacs --batch --eval "(require 'ox-latex)" include-test.org \
> >         --eval '(org-LaTeX-export-to-latex nil nil nil t)'
> >
> > The first one exports correctly, the second doesn't.  The org files, and
> > the good and bad exported TeX files are attached.
> >

> I haven't tried it but --batch implies -q, so it may be that the second
> form is missing something essential from your init file - maybe?

Indeed!  I wasn't aware --batch implies -q, I had checked the man page
before using it, but it isn't there.  Probably it is hidden somewhere in
the manual.

Although, I can't think of what config it must be.  As far as I recall I
do not have anything related to include files or macro expansion.

Anyway, thank you :).

Cheers,

--
Suvayu