Re: [O] LaTeX export problem

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export problem
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:36:16 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> With a recent Org from git and this source:
>
>   #+attr_latex: :width 0.8\textwidth :placement [htb]
>   #+name: fig:harris-errors
>   #+caption[Structural effects of false transitives]: Structural effects of
> false transitives with the stratigraphic section in Figure [[fig:fig12-open]]:

> I get this incorrect LaTeX output:

[...]

> If I place a space between the final colon and the link on the
> first #+caption: line, then I get the output I'm expecting (although
> there is the extraneous space):

[...]

This is because regexp finding short captions is greedy. It thus catches
everything up to the last "]:" in the first line, making the link
invalid.

> Is there a work-around?

Just make sure the line containing the short caption doesn't end with

  #+caption[Structural effects of false transitives]:
  #+caption: Structural effects of false transitives with the stratigraphic
section in Figure [[fig:fig12-open]]:

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou