Re: [O] org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize sending hangs ...

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-mime-org-buffer-htmlize sending hangs ...
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:25:31 -0400

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

>> At least, that's how I would go about it.
>
> Alas, despite years of emacs abuse, I have not managed to master even
> the rudiments of emacs lisp, and don't even know how to edebug.

So this is your opportunity to learn!

This might be a bit too complicated to learn on, but I would encourage
you (and everybody else too) to learn both. My favorite quote in this
respect was somebody's post on this list, who was caught completely by
surprise at having learnt enough lisp to do useful things, and he wasn't
even trying :-) I wish I had kept a reference to that mail: if anybody
(perhaps the author) recognizes it and can find a reference, please let
me know!

I'll also mention that I'm pretty sure that neither John Hendy
nor Tom Dye knew much (anything?) about emacs lisp before org-mode
entangled them[fn:1] - and look at them now!

Footnotes:

[fn:1] That's a little known feature of org-mode: in addition to
       exporting documents and tangling programs, it also entangles
       people. Instead of a unicorn, the logo should be an octopus :-)

Nick