Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?

From: Thorsten Grothe
Subject: Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:36:26 +0200

Nick,

sorry for the confusion, you are right, I was not clear ...

> I don't understand what you did exactly: you installed a new version.
> Does that version include the patch? Check org-table.el around line 439:
> if the function just has a `lines' argument then it most likely includes
> the patch. I hope you did not try to apply the patch on top of that.
> If you did, go back, throw away the patch file (it's not useful any
> longer), and reinstall.

Ok I did the following and found something strange:

First I installed 8.2.7b.zip and installed it in my homedir (without) patch and
I found out the same error: Edit formulas C-c ' throws me to the end of another
line and I cannot see the formula anymore as I wrote above.

After that I installed org-8.2.6, an older version, in my homedir (without
patch) and everything works fine, emacs jumps from field to field in the
formula.

So I was wrong, it has nothing to do with the patch, there is something
different between version org-8.7b and version 8.6.0, which produces this
error I guess.

I will now try to install your version from latest maint, see what happens and
report!!

Regards
Th. Grothe