Re: [O] [BUG] Weird behaviour just after a capture

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Weird behaviour just after a capture
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:37:14 -0400

Fletcher Charest <address@hidden> writes:

> I am confronted to this bug in every version of Org (shipped with Emacs, from
> maint, and from master). Here is how I can reproduce it every time:
>
> 1. emacs -Q (in my case GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1, with Org-mode version 8.2.3a)
>
> 2. Evaluate this code:
>
> (setq org-capture-templates
>       '(("t" "test" entry (file+olp "~/org2.org" "Todo" "Refile") "* TODO %?"
> :prepend t)))
>
> 3. Create the "~/org2.org" file like this:
>
> * Todo
> ** Refile
> * Other headline 1
> * Other headline 2
>
> 4. M-x org-capture, then do a capture with t.
>
> 5. The cycling behaviour gets really weird in org2.org, from the captured
> task until the end of the file. It is just like if whole area was considered
> as a single line (this becomes apparent by turning hl-line-mode on). This
> error
> appears while trying to cycle with TAB in the area: "byte-code: Invalid
> search bound (wrong side of point)".
>
> 6. Close the file and reopen it: everything is fine.
>
> Is anyone else confronted to this? I don't know if this is Emacs or
> Org-related.

Searching for "invalid search bound" in the list archives will produce
lots of results. The last time that this appeared it was a bug in emacs
(a recently introduced caching mechanism) that was fixed by Eli
Zaretskii (emacs bug 16265).

I cannot reproduce the problem with my setup:

GNU Emacs 24.4.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9) of
2014-07-07
Org-mode version 8.2.7 (release_8.2.7 @ /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

so my guess is that your version of emacs does not contain Eli's fix.

Nick