Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: [O] Possible to use src block to generate org headlines for export?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:53:22 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> Brett Viren <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Maybe it would be more convenient to add the "meta-ness" you want as
>> part of a new exporter process?
>
> To change the "meta" wrappers for code block results, we would have to
> modify org babel (ob-core.el).

Just to be clear (hopefully) I actually meant something different.  I
was suggesting to *not* use org babel to produce your extra headlines.
Rather, have whatever logic produces them reside in some new exporter.

I'm may be making incorrect guesses as to what you are actually going
for with these extra headlines.  You mentioning this is for a blog made
me think they are some kind of "standard augmentation" for every blog
post or something.  If not then I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.
But if so, putting them into an exporter seems apt.

This is an approach I'm taking in a JSON+HTML exporter (analogous to the
latex+pdf one) that I'm working on.  For example, I'd like to have a
"tag cloud" generated from tags on org headlines.  This tag cloud won't
explicitly exist on the org side.  Rather it will be implicitly produced
and updated by some (Python) code that runs as part of the JSON->HTML
stage of the exporter.

Cheers,
-Brett.