[O] beginner agenda question

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: [O] beginner agenda question
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:21:11 -0700

Simple question, I think, but it has me stumped. I'm wondering what
variable controls the org-agenda function that gives you upcoming
events, a la:

  todo:       In   2 d.:  TODO Friend's Birthday
  todo:       In   4 d.:  TODO Rehearsal
  todo:       In   4 d.:  TODO Happy Hour
  todo:       In   9 d.:  TODO Some other thing

I'd like to get rid of all of that, actually. For me, it clutters things
up too much.

Thank you!
steven